Maryland Divorce Lawyer
Representation Tailored to Fit Your Situation
If you are considering filing for divorce or are already a party to a divorce proceeding, you may face many difficult decisions about such issues as child custody and visitation, child support, alimony and the division of marital property. The emotional challenges that accompany decisions about your children or your property can often make it difficult to understand what is in your best interests. An experienced lawyer can help you protect your rights.
At the office of Susan Kirwan, Attorney at Law, I have protected the rights of men and women throughout the Greater Baltimore area in divorce proceedings for over 10 years. I know from experience that every situation is unique. I will take the time to learn the details of your case, so that I can tailor my representation to help you accomplish your goals. Contact my office online or call me at 410-244-1456 to set up a free initial consultation.
My Divorce Practice
I represent people at all stages of a divorce, from the initial filing through negotiated settlements or trial to post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of existing divorce orders. I handle all matters related to or arising out of divorce, including:
- Child custody and visitation/access. I will help you develop and put in place custody and visitation/access agreements that are in the best interests of your children while protecting your rights as a parent. Where children are involved, I work hard to make certain that you have the best possible relationship with your ex-spouse, primarily for the benefit of your children.
- Child support. I will review all proposed child support orders for compliance with state guidelines and to verify that all relevant income has been included in the calculation.
- Alimony or spousal support. I will help you determine whether alimony should be paid and, if so, the amount and length of payments.
- Division of marital property. I will work with you to put together an agreement to equitably divide the debts and assets of your marriage, including real and personal property, retirement funds and business assets.
- Legal separation agreements. If you are not ready for a divorce, but recognize the need to legally separate, I can help you put together an agreement that governs all relevant issues. Often, this agreement can be the basis for an uncontested divorce at a later date.
I also handle matters related to prenuptial/postnuptial agreements, as well as domestic violence proceedings.
Contact Attorney Susan Kirwan
I provide a free initial consultation to all men and women who need divorce counsel. I meet with clients weekdays from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. All consultations are by appointment. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted.
Handicapped-Accessible ◊ Close to the Subway Line