Jump to Navigation

Baltimore Support Modification Lawyer

Divorce · Modifications · Relocations

Modifying a divorce decree requires a material change in circumstances and focuses on the best interests of all children involved. A son or daughter wanting more time with mom or dad does not necessitate a modification, even if the parent has changed his or her mind regarding the existing custody/visitation agreement.

To set up an initial consultation, contact my office online or call me at 410-244-1456.

Maryland Custody Modification Attorney

At the office of Susan Kirwan, Attorney at Law, I have represented clients seeking and disputing modifications of child custody or child support agreements. I have also advocated for ex-spouses seeking to move their children to another state and the ex-husband or ex-wife left behind.

Changes to a divorce decree present challenges. With that in mind, I spend time with my clients to identify their needs and the reasons behind them. From there, I provide tailored strategies and aggressive representation.

Baltimore Divorce Relocation and Modification Lawyer

A divorce agreement is a document that reflects a certain point of time. As the years pass, income increases through promotions, jobs are lost in cutbacks and new relationships are pursued. If a material change in circumstances exists and the child will benefit, I represent my client before a judge who will make the final decision.

Selection of the court in the state that has jurisdiction is a vital step. A custodial parent who moves out of Maryland, with the noncustodial parent staying in the state, will not get jurisdiction.

In relocations, custody, visitation and support agreements must be changed to reflect the new arrangement. Custody and vitiation can be condensed into one block of time. Travel time can be factored into support for the noncustodial mother or father.

Simply put, an ex-spouse and parent cannot just pick up and move with his or her children. Certain legal steps must be taken to protect rights and look out for the best interests of the children.

Contact Me

To set up an initial consultation with a Baltimore support modification attorney, contact me via e-mail or call me at 410-244-1456. All meetings are by appointment. My office is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.

Handicapped-Accessible · Close to the Subway Line

Contact Us Now

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy | Legal Marketing® by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.