Divorce · Custody and Support · Adoption · Family Law and Criminal Appeals
At the office of Susan Kirwan, Attorney at Law, I protect the rights of individuals both in and outside the state of Maryland. I understand that every legal situation is different and will take the time to learn the specific circumstances of your case, as well as your goals, so that I can tailor my representation accordingly. I work hard to earn your trust, offering an environment where you can discuss the really important issues and know that you are being heard.
To set up an appointment, contact my office online or call me at 410-244-1456.
Maryland Divorce Lawyer
I focus most of my practice on matters related to family law, including:
- Divorce — As a Baltimore family law attorney, I represent men and women throughout the divorce process, from the initial filing through final judgment and requests for modification or enforcement of final orders.
- Marital property division — From houses to businesses, I help clients with the complex process of property division.
- Child custody — I will help you establish and implement custody and assess agreements that are in the best interests of everyone involved, with the focus on the needs of your children.
- Child support — I review all proposed child support orders for compliance with state guidelines and to verify that all relevant income has been factored in to the equation.
- Spousal support — I help clients in divorce-related matters involving rehabilitative and permanent alimony.
- Domestic violence — Abuse can impact divorce-related issues and result in serious criminal consequences.
- Modifications and relocations — As circumstances change in the lives of ex-spouses, modifications are needed if jobs are lost or opportunities exist in other states.
- Adoption — I work with birth parents and adoptive parents, handling open or closed adoptions, as well as agency or private adoptions. I also handle stepparent or grandparent adoptions and terminations of parental rights over child neglect.
I also represent parties who have lost a jury verdict in a criminal or family law case and want to appeal that verdict.
To set up an initial consultation, contact me via e-mail or call me at 410-244-1456. All meetings are by appointment. My office is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
Handicapped-Accessible · Close to the Subway Line